WELCOME!

Welcome to the OSEA Zone VII webpage! Here we provide up to date information about zone news, meetings and happenings.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Greetings

Hello Eastern Oregon!

Well, it looks like we are finally getting above the freezing mark at night and at least one day above 70 degrees. I know we have had a strange winter, but sure is nice to see the valleys turning green.

My Spring Break was mostly spent in Washington D.C. with AACSE, as your Alternate Delegate for the Legislative Conference. Our main focus during our Hill visits was the Safe Schools Act in regards to Bullying. There is always a lot to learn in the few days that we are there, but it is most helpful. I also attended the meeting in New Orleans this past Fall. At this meeting, I was assigned to the Budget Committee...that was an eyeopener and quite an experience. I discovered that I actually liked punching and moving numbers around. :)

Many of you and in Baker are in the midst of completing and ratifying contracts. It is good to hear of your successes as well as the struggles. I believe that we can learn from all of them.

I have had my two Zone Meetings; Fall in Baker and Spring in Hermiston. I want to thank all of you that have attended the meetings. Please continue to check into our OSEA website. There is so much information that would be of use to us all. Also, the AFT website offers a lot of help in regards to language for contracts on one of their links.

The other issue I want to focus on is our annual OSEA Conference in June. Please locate all information in regards to the Conference., on our website. As the Board representative on this committee, it is developing to be a great event! Remember, you may submit your registration with a letter to request a scholarship...so please try to attend. We need more and stronger representation from Zone VII! This is gearing up to be quite eventful with several elections and resolutions this year and we need to hear your voice!

It has been a pleasure to meet and greet everyone this past year. I thank all of you for your patience with my schedule. I too, work all day and try to at least e-mail as often as possible. The coverage in this zone is challenging, yet rewarding once I get there. :) Please know that I am available for any help necessary. We have some amazing Field Reps that are serving you well. Please remember to thank Debbie E. and Tyler W. at every opportunity you can. They are a strong voice for us all!

In Unity,
Ma'Lena :)

No comments:

Post a Comment